Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Learning jQuery

I'm already a bit behind on my posts, but here is why:

I've been brushing on the realm of coding for web for a few years now. I know basic html and css, but jQuery has been something I really want to learn, mostly for those carousel headers. They are extremely useful to show new projects quickly, special deals, and news worthy events. 

I found this free "30 Days to Learn jQuery" tutorial series that is sent to your e-mail from tuts+ premium 

I watched the welcome video and downloaded jQuery library to my lesson folder. I wrote a basic script, but the only thing I got working was the html/css aspect. When I tried changing things with my jQuery commands, nothing happened. Going to review to find out why. 

I might use a different script editor, I have jEdit, but forgot how to use all the different options and settings. I might just use Dreamweaver, since it is taking up space on my mac. 

Below is my code that isn't working:



No comments:

Post a Comment