Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Burnt Wood Effect in Photoshop

The best way to pick up new tricks is to find tutorials that match a project you might want to do, or an element you might want to add. Today I decided that I want to play with wood textures and what sort of effects I can create.

I found this tutorial Burnt Wood Text Effect – Photoshop Tutorial online, and decided to use the same resources before experimenting: Local Texture: Three by One by Beyond-Oddities and Rough Edges brush pack from Brusheezy.

For the color I couldn't get #47e490e so I used #663300 by copying and pasting the "BURN" image and using the Eyedropper Tool.

For Step 5 when using expand, you might have to adjust it according to your font size to get it to cover the same amount of space.

Below are my results:



I then decided to see how it would look with different fonts:


This tutorial was pretty simple to follow, showed great project management and what Expand can be used for. Besides creating burn effects around text it could be used to create sticker effects, but that is for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment